Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Notes from the interim


My dad wanted me to post a quick update before the second round of chemo begins on Tuesday, April 2nd. He wrote:

I just want folks to know that all has gone well. During the 18 day interim period between treatments, I've worked 7 days. Not bad! When Round #1 started, I was so relieved to learn that the cancer is local to my bladder, that I experienced chemo as almost fascinating and the necessary beginning of the process to make me cancer free. I don't know how it will go this time, but I am hopeful the drugs will do their job , and I won't feel too depleted on the days immediately after this round is complete. 

I continue to be deeply grateful and energized by  the love and support of all of you along for this ride on "A Great Wagon."

He's headed up to the dacha tomorrow to spend the weekend with my mom, and then they'll both come back to the city for treatment next week. I'm including a screen shot from a recent FaceTime call with me and Tim. As you can see, he looks himself, happy and smiling.

3 comments:

  1. Kiki and I just wanted to let you know that we love you and we're thinking of you and of course rooting for you with all our hearts. You have an awful lot of good karma on your side and we're trusting that's going to make a big difference in the weeks ahead. We're heartened to hear that the cancer is localized and you've been able to work and also to see that you're looking as handsome as ever, even after the first round of chemo. I'm not sure when we're next going to be in NY but we'll let you know; meanwhile would you please remind Leda that we're here in Menlo Park and that if she ever wants a home-cooked meal she's always welcome to drop in on us at a moment's notice.

    I've seen a fair amount of the footage you shot for the Parkinson's dance documentary because Dave Iverson has been screening and will soon be editing in our offices; it's all looking gorgeous and I'm excited to see the film really start to take shape.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Michael and Kiki,
      Your expressions of support and love mean so much to me. In taking it all in, I find courage, steadfastness, and joy. Love, Eddie

      Delete
  2. Good talking to you tonight Eddie. Looking forward to working with you on Tuesday and celebrating your bday with a beer after work. My family's thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete