Pages

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Chemo: Round Three Done!


Before I launch into my account of Chemo: Round 3, I wanted everyone to know how much your care, support, and love mean to me. Your calls and emails arouse a sense of possibility and courage, which, in turn arouse courage and strength within me. I’m accepting and embracing the good vibrations from you well-wishers, so your willingness to be with this, to be with me in this, is deeply appreciated.  I stay present, and staying present in this current situation, not wandering too far into the past or the future, keeps me calm and focused on getting well.

Round 3 of chemo went smoothly. Before the infusions began, my Oncologist, Dr. Dean Bajorin at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, read my vital signs, paying close attention to my white blood cell count and platelets, among other things. I’m handling the chemo very well.  I look good, too, what with the healthy glow the steroids in the chemo give my complexion. I admit I don’t like losing my already thin gray hair. The chemo is designed to kill small, fast growing cells, and that’s what hair is.

This week, I had the great pleasure of Leda and Tim visiting from San Francisco. Also, it was wonderful to have visits from Ilya, Murray, and Amanda Watts. There was a light atmosphere in Chemo Room #12 today, thanks to them.

As with much in this process, I’m called on to learn, adapt, ask questions, and trust.
I will get through this.  So, for all the love I’ve been receiving, all the rich conversations I’ve been having, I’m grateful beyond words. All heart.

4 comments:

  1. Bravo...just one more round to go. Thinking of you all the time. Sending oodles of love.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. & so gratefully received, Michele! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie -- What you wrote was spot(ify) on, so much so that it seems to have left us with no or very few words. Not talking is the best way sometimes ("...we love...talking and not talking. We could not talk or talk forever and still find things to not talk about.").

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don, Don't tell anyone I paid you to write that. Hah! No matter how,why or when, it's alway good to hear from you. Love you, Eddie

      Delete